Claim Form

All claims filed against the City must be properly filed with the City Clerk's Office, in hard copy, on the City-produced claim form. The claim form is available for download (PDF) or may be obtained from the City Clerk's Office.

The City is prohibited from providing you with legal advice. The California Government Code beginning with Section 900 concerns claims against public entities.

Completed claim forms must be filed with an original signature at the office of the City Clerk, and should include estimates, receipts and/or photographs supporting the loss.