Will I receive calls other than non-emergency notifications?
City generated informational notifications which may include power outages, road closures, public hearing notices, etc. may be sent by the city to the listed phone numbers loaded in the Connect-CTY System. If your phone number is unlisted and you would like to receive city information notifications, please call City Hall at (818) 706-1613 or sign up on the city website through the Connect-CTY link.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Connect-CTY service?
2. How does the service work?
3. What types of messages will be sent using the service?
4. Does the Connect-CTY service replace other systems that have been used to provide time-sensitive information to residents?
5. Is my telephone number included in the notification database?
6. May I use a cell phone as my notification database listing?
7. What precautions are being taken to protect personal information?
8. Will there be a way to positively identify incoming calls which are made by the city using the system?
9. Will the Connect-CTY service work if I have a call screening system on my phone?
10. If I am a non-resident home or condominium owner, what phone should be listed in the notification database?
11. Do I need to add a suite number or apartment number to my address entry?
12. If I have provided more than one phone number, when will they be called?
13. My primary phone or my second listing is a cell phone with a non-local area code. Will the Connect-CTY service call numbers outside the area?
14. How does the Connect-CTY system respond to busy signals or no-answer situations?
15. I am receiving city notification calls at my fax or my secondary phone line. Can I switch to have the system call my primary phone number?
16. I answer the phone but the “Hello” message repeats. It then hangs up, calls back, and the same thing happens again. How can I hear the entire message?
17. Will I receive calls other than non-emergency notifications?
18. Is there a way to opt-out of receiving non-emergency notifications?