Cedarvalley Senior Housing Project
In October 2019, an application was submitted for the Cedarvalley Senior Housing Project to construct a new senior housing (assisted living and memory care) development. The 1.3 acre site is located at 31200 Cedarvalley Drive along the southwest corner of Cedarvalley Drive and Via Rocas. The site is currently in the Business Park Zone but may be rezoned to Mixed Use Cedarvalley as part of the North Business Park Specific Plan.
The proposed project consists of developing a new three-story, State licensed, residential care facility for the elderly. The project will consist of 126 units, 121 will be assisted living units, and the remaining 25 shall be memory care units. 13 of the units are proposed to be deed restricted as affordable in the ‘Moderate Income Limit’ category for the Los Angeles Metro area in perpetuity.
Discretionary Approvals being requested
- General Plan Amendment
- Specific Plan Amendment
- Planned Development Permit
- Variance (For height)
- None currently scheduled.
Prior Public Meetings
The following public meetings have been for the project:
- City Council Study Session - During the July 24, 2019 City Council Study Session, the City Council received a presentation from the project applicant as part of a concept review to solicit feedback on the proposed project prior to application submittal. No formal decision was rendered during this meeting.
- City Council Land Use Committee Meeting - During the October 2, 2019 meeting of the City Council’s Land Use Committee, a discussion took place to review the applicant’s proposed project. No decision was rendered during this meeting.
- City Council Meeting - During the October 19, 2019 regular City Council meeting, the City Council considered and awarded a contract to CivicSolutions Inc. to prepare the necessary California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) review.
The City of Westlake Village and the consultant team are currently working on necessary environmental documentation per the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). As documents are prepared and information is released, they can be found here.